Due to the Corona virus crisis and to protect both families and volunteers, the Pantry has changed its distribution schedule.
The Pantry is currently open for drive-through pickups Tuesdays 10:00-2:00
Who Are We?
The Branch Area Food Pantry, an all volunteer organization, began in a closet at St. Charles church more than 30 years ago. As the need for food support in Branch County expanded, the Pantry quickly outgrew its home and eventually moved into its current home on Pierson Street.
Statistics from 2019 reveal the hard work and the success of the Pantry:
- 12,863 households were served (food boxes + produce, breads & sweets)
- 35,262 individual household members were served
- 5,562 food boxes were distributed to families
- Volunteers contributed 11,887 hours of their time
Life at the Pantry has changed since March due to the Pandemic:
- Number of boxes distributed doubled from March to April.
- Number of household members served doubled from March to April
- 3011 household members served in June
- Total boxes distributed to date in 2020 = 4,683
A SHOUT OUT GOES TO---
- Thank you Pattie and Brad Rockey and Keiss Jewelry for collecting over $5200.00 for the Pantry!! We appreciate your support so much!!!
- We couldn’t do our job without the generous donation of food from some local folks: HUGE THANK YOU to:
- Aldi’s 8121 lbs
- Big Lots 3,381 lbs
- Family Fare 6,727 lbs
- Lakeland Correctional Facility 5,290 lbs
- Maroa/Mastronardi Greenhouse 15,000 lbs
- A big thanks to Jeannie’s Diner for providing the volunteers with a much appreciated lunch!
Upcoming events are currently on hold due to the pandemic.
Meet our Board and volunteer staff:
Contact us: 517-279-0966, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patti Daoud (Mondays, Thursdays)
- Renate Brenneke (Wednesdays)
- Board members-–
- President & Treasurer: Greg Miller
- Secretary: Patrice Daoud
- Ken Delaney
- Chuck Tippmann
- Tim Hart-Haberl
- Carolyn Morrison
- Bob Rowbotham
- Tom Phlipot
- Volunteer of the month-Mark Crist
This month we need:
We regret that at this time we cannot accept food donations from individuals, we will let the community know when those restrictions are lifted.
If you would like a speaker to present to your organization, contact Patti Daoud, by phone or email.