Who Are We?
The Branch Area Food Pantry, an all volunteer organization, began in a closet at St. Charles church more than 30 years ago. As the need for food support in Branch County expanded, the Pantry quickly outgrew its home and eventually moved into its current home on Pierson Street.
Life at the Pantry has changed since March 2020 due to the Pandemic:
- 12,587 boxes of food were distributed in 2020.
- Those boxes helped feed 30,018 individuals.
- Over 3,000 tons of food were distributed in 2020.
- 445 new families are new to the Pantry in 2020, including 130 new families who signed up in May.
- We have been blessed with In-Kind donations including but not limited to:
- Aldi’s – 14,275 pounds
- Maroa Tomatoes – 19,500 pounds
- Walmart – 89,510 pounds
- Family Fare – 9,910 pounds
- Lakeland Correctional Facility – 40,115 pounds vegetables
- Asama -6,000 pounds of potatoes
- The Gleaners were particularly busy in 2020 gathering 5,560 pounds of food that was immediately distributed to families:
A SHOUT OUT GOES TO---
- Coldwater Veneer
- Syberts Billiards
- JT’s Bar & Grill
- Pell Tire
- Tuckey Motor Sports
Meet our Board and volunteer staff:
Contact us: 517-279-0966, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patti Daoud (Mondays, Thursdays)
- Renate Brenneke (Wednesdays)
- Board members-–
- President & Treasurer: Greg Miller
- Secretary: Patrice Daoud
- Ken Delaney
- Chuck Tippman
- Tim Hart-Haberl
- Carolyn Morrison
- Bob Rowbotham
- Tom Phlipot
This month we need:
We are accepting packaged foods from the community. Basic commodities such as peanut butter, pasta, crackers, are always welcome and can be dropped of Monday mornings or Tuesdays 8-2.
If you would like a speaker to present to your organization, contact Patti Daoud, by phone or email.