Who Are We?
The Branch Area Food Pantry, an all volunteer organization, serves approximately 350 families each Tuesday. We rely on and value the support of our generous community
Life at the Pantry has changed since March 2020 due to the Pandemic:
- 12,587 boxes of food were distributed in 2020.
- Those boxes helped feed 30,018 individuals.
- Over 3,000 tons of food were distributed in 2020.
- 445 new families are new to the Pantry in 2020, including 130 new families who signed up in May.
- We have been blessed with In-Kind donations including but not limited to:
- Aunt Millies
- the Gleaners
- Family Fare
- Lakeland Correctional Facility
- Mastronardi-Maroa Farms tomatoes
- Walmart Distribution Center
A SHOUT OUT GOES TO---
We truly appreciate the generosity and support of our community!
Recently we were able to purchase a much needed box truck, replacing the need for volunteers to use their own trucks and cars for pickups. Many, many thanks to Century Bank & Trust for funding the purchase. In addition, we received help from the following friends:
- Coldwater Veneer
- Syberts Billiards
- JT’s Bar & Grill
- Pell Tire
- Tuckey Motor Sports
Meet our Board and volunteer staff:
- Patti Daoud
- Board members-–
- President & Treasurer: Greg Miller
- Secretary: Patrice Daoud
- Ken Delaney
- Chuck Tippman
- Tim Hart-Haberl
- Carolyn Morrison
- Bob Rowbotham
- Tom Phlipot
A special thank you to Family Fare of Coldwater
The BAFP is losing a valuable partner in our effort to provide food to Branch County families in need. For years, Family Fare has generously donated food items each week to the Pantry. In 2020, Family Fare donated over 9,000 pounds of groceries! Paul, from our logistics team, makes the pick up every Tuesday morning, giving us time to place the items in the food boxes for the day’s distribution. We appreciate Family Fare!!