Who Are We?
DRIVE THROUGH SCHEDULE RESUMES: Tuesdays, 10:00-2:00
The Branch Area Food Pantry, an all volunteer organization, began in a closet at St. Charles church more than 30 years ago. As the need for food support in Branch County expanded, the Pantry quickly outgrew its home and eventually moved into its current home on Pierson Street.
Life at the Pantry has changed since March due to the Pandemic:
- 12,587 boxes of food were distributed in 2020.
- Those boxes helped feed 30,018 individuals.
- Over 3,000 tons of food were distributed in 2020.
- 445 new families are new to the Pantry in 2020, including 130 new families who signed up in May.
- We have been blessed with In-Kind donations including but not limited to:
- Aldi’s – 14,275 pounds
- Maroa Tomatoes – 19,500 pounds
- Walmart – 89,510 pounds
- Family Fare – 9,910 pounds
- Lakeland Correctional Facility – 40,115 pounds vegetables
- Asama -6,000 pounds of potatoes
- The Gleaners were particularly busy in 2020 gathering 5,560 pounds of food that was immediately distributed to families:
A SHOUT OUT GOES TO---
- Thank you to the local restaurants who have donated or discounted lunch for our very busy volunteers during the pandemic: JT’s, Hungry Howie’s, Mancino’s, Cottage Inn Pizza, Broadway Grille, Taco Bell, Subway (Marshall and Chicago St.), Shorts, Wings, Etc, Jeannie’s Diner, McDonalds, KFC, Dairy Queen and Wendy’s!!!
- It is with much gratitude that we send a special thanks to the hardworking, special gardeners at Lakeland Correctional Facility. Week after week, we were the grateful recipients of beautiful, nutrition and bountiful produce grown in their gardens: artisan lettuce, colorful peppers the size of softballs, onions, radishes, squash, lettuce and much, much more. We thank you, our benefactors for they generosity in providing food and hope!
Meet our Board and volunteer staff:
Contact us: 517-279-0966, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patti Daoud (Mondays, Thursdays)
- Renate Brenneke (Wednesdays)
- Board members-–
- President & Treasurer: Greg Miller
- Secretary: Patrice Daoud
- Ken Delaney
- Chuck Tippman
- Tim Hart-Haberl
- Carolyn Morrison
- Bob Rowbotham
- Tom Phlipot
This month we need:
We regret that at this time we cannot accept food donations from individuals, we will let the community know when those restrictions are lifted.
If you would like a speaker to present to your organization, contact Patti Daoud, by phone or email.