Due to the Corona virus crisis and to protect both families and volunteers, the Pantry has changed its distribution schedule.
The Pantry is currently open for drive-through pickups Tuesdays 10:00-2:00
Holiday distribution (November 21) signups will start on Tuesday, Sept. 29. Clients should bring their yellow pantry tickets to sign up.
Who Are We?
The Branch Area Food Pantry, an all volunteer organization, began in a closet at St. Charles church more than 30 years ago. As the need for food support in Branch County expanded, the Pantry quickly outgrew its home and eventually moved into its current home on Pierson Street.
Life at the Pantry has changed since March due to the Pandemic:
- Our busiest distribution (to date) was September 29 to 396 families in four hours.
- 445 new families are new to the Pantry in 2020, including 130 new families who signed up in May.
- Total boxes distributed to date in 2020 = 8,000 + representing 22,000+ individual Branch Co. residents
- We have been blessed with In-Kind donations including but not limited to:
- Aldi’s – 10,146 pounds
- Maroa Tomatoes – 15,000 pounds
- Walmart – 8,522 pounds
- Family Fare – 7,731 pounds
- Lakeland Correctional Facility – 19,196 pounds vegetables
- The Gleaners have been particularly busy in 2020 gathering 5,560 pounds of food that was immediately distributed to families:
A SHOUT OUT GOES TO---
- Thank you GLEANERS, who gathered almost 3 tons of sweet corn, potatoes and tomatoes over the past few weeks.
- Thank you to the local restaurants who have donated or discounted lunch for our very busy volunteers during the pandemic: JT’s, Hungry Howie’s, Mancino’s, Cottage Inn Pizza, Broadway Grille, Taco Bell, Subway (Marshall and Chicago St.), Shorts, Wings, Etc, Jeannie’s Diner, McDonalds, KFC and Dairy Queen!!!
- It is with much gratitude that we send a special thanks to the hardworking, special gardeners at Lakeland Correctional Facility. Week after week, we were the grateful recipients of beautiful, nutrition and bountiful produce grown in their gardens: artisan lettuce, colorful peppers the size of softballs, onions, radishes, squash, lettuce and much, much more. We thank you, our benefactors for they generosity in providing food and hope!
Upcoming events are currently on hold due to the pandemic.
Meet our Board and volunteer staff:
Contact us: 517-279-0966, email: email@example.com
- Patti Daoud (Mondays, Thursdays)
- Renate Brenneke (Wednesdays)
- Board members-–
- President & Treasurer: Greg Miller
- Secretary: Patrice Daoud
- Ken Delaney
- Chuck Tippmann
- Tim Hart-Haberl
- Carolyn Morrison
- Bob Rowbotham
- Tom Phlipot
This month we need:
We regret that at this time we cannot accept food donations from individuals, we will let the community know when those restrictions are lifted.
If you would like a speaker to present to your organization, contact Patti Daoud, by phone or email.